SB Acoustics EKA Ceramic Speakers - different options for cabinet. Finetuned crossover by StereoArt
Warning: Last items in stock!
EKA is the first commercial kit developed by SB Acoustics. Eka means ‘First son’ the firstborn always emanates special emotions and we feel the same way about Eka. Ceramic EKA is our own development with newest hard cone drivers CAC and CDC. It is a 2-way wooden veneer, or painted speaker with a ceramic cone 6” mid-woofer and a 26mm ceramic hard dome. This combination works exceptionally well and you get a surprisingly high performance/price ratio. The low-end performance of this small speaker is very impressive; a deep, controlled and firm system. The 26-mm ceramic dome - SB26CAC keeps on impressing when used in real high-end solutions. Highs are very natural. Smooth, airy and low distortion are just some of the words used to describe this dome and the treble performance of EKA Ceramic. Excellent frequency and phase response.
Due to cabinet size and weight shipping is not included to this product even if shop calculates it as "free shipping".
We'll quote shipping to your country, please ask before you order.
SB Acoustics ARA Beryllium and Silk dome- FineTuning by StereoArt
ARA, the smaller brother of RINJANI, using same design concept. Taken from a mount in Komodo Island, particularly notable as the habitat of Komodo dragons in Indonesia. ARA kit is designed to deliver transparent and dynamic sound reproduction. The ARA is a 2-way stand mount speaker kit based on top line of SATORI drivers 6.5″ MW16P and TW29R or Beryllium TW29BN.
The ARA gently faceted top corner shape is specially designed to reduce high frequency diffraction and yields superb imaging qualities. 7⁰ inclined cabinet shape has purpose to deliver sound staging even with simple crossover design. Whilst, the idea behind inclined bottom is to diminish standing waves. Build-in pedestal is designed to generate accent on its unique design.
Whilst, the idea behind inclined bottom is to diminish standing waves. Build-in pedestal is designed to generate accent on its unique design.
Main facts for Special Editions:
- We redesigned crossovers, for better off-axis response what allows to fit it to almost any room. Seriouslty better then standard EKA kit's crossover!
- We do individual matching of drivers and crossovers to get best matching frequency and phase response of Left and Right speakers. This is very important for a good soundstage!
- Our goal was to get best phase transition from woofer to tweeter, Our EKA-C s are almost linear phase!
- Premium components for crossovers: Mcap EVO capacitors, Mresist Classic resistors, Mundorf Baked Aircore coils.
- gold-plated bi-wire terminals
- Audience Auric hook-up internal wiring for both versions
- Woofers are SB Acoustics CAC Ceramic series. Geometrically reinforced ceramic cone for optimum piston operation and reduced break-up. Good for music reproduction with finest details!
- Tweeters are SB CDC Ceramic series: Phase optimized diaphragm design for coherent high frequency radiation
|Frequency response :||45-250000|
|Sensitivity :||86.5 dB|
|Nominal Impedance :||4Ohm|
|Max SPL :||105 dB|
|Recomended amplifier :||40 - 150W|
|Crossover frequency :||3000 Hz|
|Enclosure type :||Bass reflex|
|Port tuning :||37Hz|
|Tweeter :||Aluminium-Ceramic SB26CDC-C000-4|
|Bass :||Aluminium-Ceramic SB17CAC35-4|
|Cabinet :||18mm MDF|
|Size :||340 x 330 x 200 mm|
|Weight :||Full assembly 9.0 kg|
EKA Ceramic On-tweeter axis response summed with complex sum of far field, woofer's nearfield and port response.
EKA Ceramic On-axis and Off-axis horizontal responses: RED - on axis, Green/Blue - 30/45grad
EKA Ceramic SPL + Phase / Group delay:
EKA Ceramic with inverted tweeter:
High quality 18mm MDF with internal bracing to minimize vibrations. Finish: Walnut, Ebony and black paint, all with deep High-Gloss finish.
No customer reviews for the moment.